When you use an iPhone, there may be times when you want to delete an app. Maybe it’s a game that you no longer play, or perhaps it’s a third-party app that you only installed because it was free for a limited time. Whatever the case may be, deleting apps is a common practice for iPhone users. If you have deleted an app on your iPhone, however, there are ways to bring it back. You see, when you delete an app from your iPhone, what actually happens is that the operating system simply removes the app from its list of visible applications. In other words, while the app no longer appears in your home screen folder of apps, it is still stored on your device somewhere. Once you know how to find hidden apps on your iPhone again after removing them and know where they’re located, it won’t take long before you can have that specific app back up and running once more in no time at all!
How To See Deleted Apps On iPhone
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General > iPhone Storage.
- In the “Storage” section, scroll down to the “Apps” icon and tap it.
- Now, scroll all the way down in this window until you find the app that you want to restore. If you can’t find it in this list, there may be other ways to locate deleted apps on your iPhone, so keep reading!
- After finding your deleted app, tap on it to open its details page for further investigation purposes or restore it as needed.
- Once you have found a specific app that you want to bring back from deletion, tap on “Clear” and then confirm that you wish to delete it once more from your device by tapping “Delete App” again underneath the clear button at the bottom of each screen box in this list window (see screenshot above).
- Tap “OK” when prompted to confirm that you do want to delete the app again for good this time and then wait for a few moments before restarting your iPhone or closing out of Settings > General > iPhone Storage if you want to keep using your device right away without installing any new apps right now (see screenshot below). 8 . When restarting back up again, if there are no issues with restoring deleted apps after using this method, they should all be present once more in their original locations without having to reinstall them again this time.
When Do You Need Deleted Apps?
- If you have deleted an app from your iPhone and you want to get it back.
- When you need to reinstall an app that has been deleted by accident or when the app that you have deleted no longer functions properly and needs to be restored.
- When you want to remove an app from your iPhone but don’t know where it’s stored on your device, or if you have deleted too many apps in this manner, then this is the solution for when everything has gone bad.
- When your iPhone is not working correctly after a failed restore or update, then this is the way to go!
- If you need a couple of extra storage spaces on your iPhone for other important files and apps, then deleting some applications will allow for more room for other data in the future (see step #1 above).
- If there are duplicate apps installed on your device that are slowing down performance or causing issues with other apps, then removing them will help speed up performance and reduce resource usage across the board without having to reinstall all of their associated files (see step #1 above).
- If there are too many apps installed on your device that fill up available storage space and make it difficult to find specific ones later on, then simply deleting some of them will help make room for new ones going forward.
How Do I Retrieve An App I Accidentally Deleted?
1. Tap the “Settings” icon on your iPhone’s home screen and then tap the “General” option.
2. Tap “Reset” if you see it listed in this section or tap “Erase All Content and Settings” if it isn’t showing up here.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of this list and tap the “Restore” button as shown in screenshot below.
4. You will now be asked to enter your Apple ID password or you can use Touch ID if you want to, but make sure that you can remember it since this is how you will be able to get access again once this process is done (see screenshot below).
5 . If you have trouble remembering your password, then try turning off Find My iPhone on your device first and then turn it back on again after entering your password correctly before going through with the reset process (see step #1 above).
6 . After a successful restore, any deleted apps that were restored should now be restored automatically when starting up again after doing so!
7 . When restoring from a backup using iTunes or iCloud backups, apps will not be restored automatically because they are not stored in a format that iTunes/iCloud can recognize without needing to also download them again first (see step #1 above).
8 . If an app was deleted from your device via Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Manage Storage, then restoring from a backup prior to the deletion will not automatically restore that app.
9 . If an app was deleted from your device via Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Erase All Content and Settings, then restoring from a backup prior to the deletion will not automatically restore the app (see step #1 above).
10 . If an app was deleted from your device via Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Erase All Content and Settings, then restoring from a backup prior to the deletion will not automatically restore the app (see step #1 above).
For most people, this is the solution to getting back deleted apps on an iPhone when these steps have been followed and they are still not appearing in their original locations. This is a very good way to delete apps without having to reinstall them and will leave the app data intact and in its original location with no need for a restore or reinstall.
Q: Why does this solution not work for me?
A: This solution will only work if the deleted app was never installed on your device. If you have deleted an app and then later reinstalled it, then this method will not resolve the issue.
Q: Why is there a delay in how long it takes before apps are restored after deleting them?
A: This is due to the fact that restoring apps requires a few steps to be able to do so, and once complete, any data that was previously saved in these apps’ databases is automatically restored. In order to prevent any issues with restoring data, these steps are carried out in sequence so that all of the necessary information can be restored correctly and without a hitch.
Q: What happens when installing an app after removing it?
A: The original installation location for all of the files for this app will still be present on your iPhone. They will simply be stored in their original location instead of where they used to be originally installed on your device (the removed app’s location). So if you install an app from where it originally was installed on your device, then all of its associated files will appear as normal there.
Q: What if I reinstall an app that was previously deleted?
A: That app will have to be reinstalled from the “Reinstall” page on the App Store. This can be done by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > and then tapping “Reinstall”.