If you’ve logged into your Facebook profile in the past few months, you might have noticed that everyone is obsessed with adding a cover photo to their profiles. While some people prefer to keep it simple and add an image of themselves, others like to experiment with different designs. It’s common for people to have more than one cover photo on their profile, because let’s face it, there are so many options that it can be difficult settling on just one. However, if you feel like changing things up once again and removing the cover photo from your profile once and for all, read on! In this article we will show you How To Delete Cover Photo On Facebook?
What Is Cover Photo?
A cover photo is the first thing that visitors see when they go to your profile. It’s a full-width image that appears above your posts, next to your profile picture, and above the comment section on your posts. It’s a great place to showcase your brand and make a strong first impression on your visitors. The cover photo is a simple way to give your page a more professional look and feel, while also helping to build your brand and drive more traffic to your page. Plus, it’s a great way to showcase your personality and provide context to your posts without necessarily having to write a lengthy description.
How To Delete Cover Photo On Facebook?
How to Delete Cover Photo on Facebook? First things first – Let us find out how we can delete our current cover photo on Facebook! Log in to your Facebook account and then head to your timeline. Once there, you’ll be able to see your cover photo. If you want to delete your current cover photo, then you can easily do so by simply dragging and dropping the desired image from your timeline and then clicking on the “X” drop-down menu. This will remove the cover photo from your timeline. However, if you want to change your cover photo, then you can simply do so by selecting a new picture from your timeline and then pressing the “X” button. Now that we have seen how to delete cover photo on Facebook – Let us explore how to get started with the rest of the steps mentioned above.
Step 1: Log in to your Facebook account.
Now, you can start the process of finding out the steps to delete your current cover photo by logging in to your Facebook account. If you are logging in to your account for the first time, then you can follow these steps
- Click on the “Sign In” button at the top right of your screen > Select “Sign In Using a Different Email Address/Name” option > Enter your email address and password. That’s it!
- Alternatively, if you are logging in to your account from a previous session, then you can simply click on the “Sign In” button at the top right of your screen > Select “Sign In Using an Existing Email Address” option > Enter your email address and password. That’s it!
Now that both of these steps are done, you are ready to move on to the next step.
Step 2: Find the specific picture you want to delete. You can do this by searching for it or by clicking on it and dragging it till you see a drop down menu or an arrow at the top of the photo.
- Now that you are logged in to your account, you can start looking for the specific picture you want to delete. To do so, first, you can search for the image you want to delete through the search bar on your screen. This way, you can easily search for the image you want to delete within a few seconds.
- Alternatively, if you want to find the specific image by dragging it to your timeline, then you can simply click on the image and drag it to your timeline. While you are dragging the image to your timeline, you can also click on the “More” option to see the drop down menu or the “More” arrow. From here, you can select “This is my cover photo” and then click on “X” button to remove the image from your timeline.
Step 3: Click on “More” option and then select “This is my cover photo”.
- Once you are done with the above steps, you can simply click on the “More” option at the top right of your screen and then select “This is my cover photo”. This will direct you to the next step where you can find out the steps to delete your current cover photo.
- Now, you can simply click on “This is my cover photo” option and then select the “X” button to remove your current cover photo from your timeline. This will remove the image from your timeline and you will now be able to see a blank space on your timeline.
Step 4: Select “This is my cover photo”. Then, click on “X” button. That’s it!
- After you are done with the above steps, you can simply select “This is my cover photo” option from the “More” drop-down menu and then click on the “X” button to remove your current cover photo from your timeline.
- This will remove the image from your timeline and you will now be able to see a blank space on your timeline. That’s it!
You have successfully deleted your current cover photo from your Facebook timeline. However, don’t worry. You can now choose a new cover photo from your timeline and post it there.
Why Do You Want To Delete Cover Photo?
The decision to delete a cover photo can be a complicated one, and it’s important to remember that you don’t have to do it forever. You might be jumping on the trend and want to try out different cover photos until you find one that you love. If so, you don’t have to delete your cover photo and can easily switch it out for another one at any time. There are many reasons why people choose to delete their cover photo.
- It could be that you’ve tried out different options and have decided that you don’t like any of them.
- It could also be that you’ve noticed that the cover photo is not converting the traffic that you’d like it to.
- Your cover photo is a good way to convert your audience into customers, but if it’s not converting, it’s important to make a change.
Deleting With The Help Of Third-party Apps
One of the easiest ways to delete your cover photo is with the help of third-party apps. You can find apps in the App Store or Google Play Store that will allow you to change and/or delete your cover photo with just a few clicks. These apps are easy to use and even if you’ve never deleted a cover photo before, you’ll be able to do it quickly and easily.
- Simply download the app from your App Store or Google Play Store and log into your Facebook account.
- Once you’ve logged into your account, you can use the app to delete your cover photo with a few simple clicks.
- Some apps will even allow you to change your cover photo if you’d like to try something new.
Things To Know Before You Delete Your Cover Photo
- You can’t go back. Once you’ve deleted your cover photo, it’s gone forever. You can’t retrieve it or change your mind. Make sure that you’re 100% sure before you delete it.
- You can’t delete your profile picture. Your profile picture is a different image than your cover photo. While your cover photo is a full-width image that spans the top of your page, your profile picture appears next to your posts, in the comments section, and next to any posts that are written by you.
- You can’t delete other posts or photos. Deletion only applies to your cover photo. You can still delete other posts and pictures from your page. You can also change other posts and photos, if you’d like to do so.
We hope this article has helped you understand the benefits of having a cover photo on your Facebook profile and has given you some insight into why deleting it is sometimes a good idea. A cover photo can be a great way to build your brand and drive more traffic to your page. However, there will come a time when you want to change things up and delete it once and for all. There are many reasons why you might want to do this, and luckily, it’s not a difficult process. We’ve discussed how to delete your cover photo with the help of third-party apps. We’ve also discussed things to keep in mind before you make your choice.