In today’s digital age, it’s not unusual for someone to own and use more than one mobile device. However, with all of these devices comes the need to keep tabs on them. Whether you’re lending your phone to a friend or your child, giving it to an employee, or just wanting peace of mind that your device won’t get lost, there are plenty of reasons why you may want to track another smartphone from your iPhone. An Android device is no different from any other smartphone when it comes to being prone to get misplaced or stolen. Even if you follow our advice on how to keep your Android phone safe so that it doesn’t get lost or stolen, things can still go awry at some point in time. Luckily, there are several ways that you can track an Android phone from an iPhone as well as other methods for keeping tabs on the safety of your smartphone and its data!
How To Track An Android Phone From An iPhone
Track Android Phone Over GPS
When people think about tracking devices, they often imagine GPS tracking. This is a popular tracking method because it works almost anywhere in the world. The only requirement is a clear view of the sky. A tracking app can receive location data from satellites and transmit that information back to you. GPS tracking, however, is not completely accurate. It works by estimating distance based on how quickly satellites move. The more satellites that can “see” the device, the more accurate the distance estimation will be. That’s why GPS works better indoors than outdoors. With a clear view of the sky, GPS can be extremely accurate. With a less-than-ideal view, it can still be pretty accurate. And in some situations, it can be way off. Because of the potential inaccuracies, GPS is best used to confirm what other methods of tracking may be suggesting.
Monitor Android Device with Apps
There are lots of apps out there that let you monitor another Android device. Some of these are especially useful for parents who want to keep tabs on their children. Try monitoring apps like iKeyMonitor, Teenfone, or mSpy. One of the most popular ways to monitor another Android phone is through remote access apps. These apps let you access the other device as if it were your own device. You can use these apps to see what another device is doing, access its storage, and control it as if you were using it. Remote access apps are more powerful than monitoring apps because they don’t just report information after the fact. With remote access apps, you can actually control the device and see everything it’s doing in real-time.
Track via Google Latitude
If you have a friend who uses Google Maps and has the Latitude feature enabled, you can track their location. The only requirement is that the friend has to be using an Android device. You can then go to the Google Maps website and click on the Latitude icon in the top right-hand corner. You can then select “Show My Location” and “Show My Friends’ Locations” under the Settings section. You can then click on the friend’s name and see their approximate location on a map. You can even create an alert that will notify you whenever your friend leaves or arrives at a certain place.
Lock and Remotely Wipe the Device
If you’re tracking an Android device and you think that it might be in danger of being stolen or lost, try remotely locking it and then remotely wiping it. This can protect your data from being accessed by the device’s thief and can also help you keep your device from being used as a source of payment for someone who may not be honest. If you’re tracking an Android device, you can remotely lock it and then wipe it. You can do this either through an app or through the device’s Google account settings. If remotely wiping the device isn’t enough to protect your data and you think that the device might be in danger of being stolen or lost, you can remotely kill the power. This will instantly make the device unusable.
Track via a tracking App from a Computer or iPad
You can track an Android device from an iPhone or iPad with a computer by using a tracking app. These apps let you keep tabs on other devices and their location in real-time as if you were sitting in front of that device. These apps use the internet and Wi-Fi to send information back and forth. They also can use cellular data if the device is outside of Wi-Fi range. Some of the most popular tracking apps include: – Android Lost: This app can help you find your Android phone or tablet if it’s missing. It can also help you track down a friend’s device if you have permission. Android Lost is completely free and works with any Android device. – Android Device Manager: This app lets you locate, ring, lock, and erase your device from a computer. It also lets you see when your device was last seen. The Android Device Manager is built into all Android devices as part of the service. – iCloud: iCloud is built into all Apple devices. It can help find a lost device and even help you erase it if it’s been stolen. – Samsung Find My Mobile: You can use this app or website to track down a missing device or wipe it remotely if it’s been stolen.
How Can An iPhone find An Android Location?
- If you have a Mac with iCloud installed, you can use the Find My iPhone app to locate a missing iOS device. It will use cellular data to pinpoint the device’s location.
- With an Android phone or tablet, you can use the Find My Device app to locate your device. You’ll need to enable tracking and set a password before locating your device.
- If neither of these options is available to you, try using Google Maps or Bing Maps on your iPhone’s Safari browser to find an Android phone’s location using GPS coordinates or street address information from a Wi-Fi network that it has connected with in the past (if possible).
- If you still can’t find an Android’s location, you can try using a third-party app such as snapper or AnyMe to locate it.
- If none of these options work and you’re worried about your device being stolen, you can remotely wipe the phone or tablet if it has been lost or stolen.
How To Remotely Wipe An iPhone
- If you have to Find My iPhone installed on your Mac, find the device on the map and click on its icon in the left-hand panel.
- Click on “Erase iPhone” at the bottom of the window that appears to erase all data from the phone, including pictures and videos, contacts and messages, music, and apps (if supported by iOS). This will also erase any data stored on iCloud as well as any backups stored in iTunes. You’ll need to enter your passcode when prompted if one has been set up for remote wipes (this is only necessary if Find My iPhone is enabled for remote wipes).
- If you have no passcode set up for remote wipes, this option will be grayed out in this window since there are no backups stored in iTunes or iCloud (this is only possible if Find My iPhone is disabled for remote wipes) . Instead, click “Erase iPhone” at the bottom of this window to erase all data from the phone immediately without prompting for a passcode (this option is grayed out if there are any backups stored in iTunes or iCloud). If you have a passcode set up for remote wipes, enter it when prompted and click “Erase iPhone” at the bottom of this window to erase all data from the phone immediately without prompting for a passcode.
- If you have enabled both Find My iPhone and iCloud backup on your Mac, make sure that the device has been erased before continuing.
Keeping tabs on your smartphone is useful for all kinds of things but it’s especially important when you own an Android device. You can use the tracking methods listed above to keep tabs on your device. Or, if you’re more of a visual person, you can simply install one of the tracking widgets for Android. No matter which method you choose, you’ll be grateful for the added security and peace of mind.
Q: I don’t want my phone to be tracked. What do I do?
A: You can turn off the tracking feature on your Android phone by going to Settings > Location. There, you’ll have the option to turn off all tracking options or just location services. This will prevent any apps on your phone from being able to track your device’s location.
Q: Where can I find more information about my phone’s location?
A: The Google Play Store is a good place to start for finding information about your Android device’s location. If you don’t have an account with Google Play, you can sign up for one here. Once signed in, search for “location” and see what apps are available. It’s also possible to locate other users’ phones using the app Latitude.