It’s no secret that Google prefers quality websites. This means user experience, keyword usage, and accessibility all factor into a website’s rank on Google. As you know, Google also prefers its users have a pleasant experience when browsing their search engine results. This is why so many websites use Google Forms to collect information from their visitors in an accessible way. If you have a website where you regularly host surveys or polls that ask your visitors questions about your content, it would be beneficial for you to know how to get your Google Forms ranked higher on Google. That said if you want more people to see and respond to your poll on Google, read along and discover 10 tips for getting your Google forms ranked higher on Google.
How To Do Ranking In Google Forms
Before the Google Ranking Process
As with any ranking process, it’s important to understand that Google has a lot of things to take into consideration when determining which websites will appear at the top of their search engine results. First, there are the obvious things, like your site’s domain authority and how many links are pointing back to it. There are also more subtle ranking factors, such as the content on your pages, how easy it is to navigate around your website, and how easy it is for Google to understand what your site is about.
Make Your Form Easy to Find
The first thing you can do to make your form easier to find is to put it on your homepage. If your site isn’t set up to be a one-page website, you can obviously still have your poll or survey, but it won’t be as accessible to Google. Some of the best practices you should be following when creating your form include using short question titles, keeping your fields short and sweet, and using descriptive answer options. Your form should also be optimized for accessibility so that as many people as possible can see and respond to it.
Use Keywords in Your Form Title
Google likes to see keywords in content, and that’s also the case for your Google Forms. While you don’t want to stuff keywords into your form’s title, you do want to make sure that it reflects what your questions are about. Use Rich Content Rich content is a huge ranking factor for all websites, but especially for forms hosted on Google. This means that if you have a form to collect information about your business hours, you might want to include information like hours, address, and phone number in the form itself, as well as links to your website or social media. If you have a poll that has several different answers, or if you have an open-ended question, you can also write an explanation for it and include that in your form.
Add a Floating Action Button
A floating action button, or FAB, is that little button that pops up in the bottom right corner of your Google Form once it’s been submitted. You can use this button to prompt your users to take one of two actions – they can either take the poll, or they can add their email address to a list that you’re hosting on your website. While this won’t help you rank higher on Google, it can definitely help you with conversions, which are just as important.
Add Google Rich Cards
Google Rich Cards are basically fancy and helpful cards that pop up on the side of your form, letting your users know a bit more about what they’re being asked to respond to. These rich cards are helpful in that they give your respondents a bit more information about your poll or survey, which may prompt them to respond. You can actually create these cards yourself, and they are super easy to do.
Add Structured Data Markup (Google Guide)
Structured data markup is a feature that allows you to highlight certain questions on your Google Form and gives them a bit more authority than the rest. This means that if you have a question about your hours of operation, you would place “hours” and “address” in the structured data field. Google has a guide that walks you through how to do this.
Add Video Marker for Audio Transcripts
If you have a Google Form that asks respondents to record their voice and submit the audio, you can actually take that audio and create a transcript using Google’s tools. Doing so will help your Google Form rank higher in the SERPs. Why? Google likes to see people actively using its products, and your transcript will show up in Google Search results if it’s attached to your Google Form.
Why ranking in the google form is important?
- Google form is a great place to look for new customers.
- Google form is a great way to gather information from the people who are your target market. For example, if you are trying to sell your product, you can use Google Forms as a free tool to gather information from potential customers and get feedback about your product.
- You can easily send out targeted messages to your targeted audience by using Google Forms as well as other online tools like email marketing and social media marketing tools.
- It is easy for the users of your product or service to fill out your google form online with their contact details and email address which is why it’s important that you have an attractive design for them to answer the questions on the form properly.
- It helps when it comes down to collecting leads and leads will help you build up more business in the future by giving you more information about what they need or what they would be interested in buying from you via email marketing, social media marketing, etc.
- Google form is a great way to collect feedback from the people interested in your product or service.
- It helps when it comes down to making your business more efficient and you can use Google Forms in order to improve the way you do business online.
- It’s also a great place for your customers to leave reviews and feedback on your products or services which is why it’s important that you have an attractive design for them to answer the questions on the form properly.
- Your website will benefit from having google Forms because it will help increase traffic, leads, sales, etc.
- You can use Google Forms to collect feedback from your customers and you can use it to see what they want, need, or would like to buy from you.
As you can see, there are a few things you can do to make sure your Google Form is as accessible to as many people as possible, and that it ranks higher in Google. Making sure that your form is easy to find, includes rich content, and includes things like a FAB and a video transcript can definitely help your Google Form get more views. If you want to make sure that your Google Form is as accessible as possible, make sure that you’re checking off each of these 10 tips for getting your Google forms ranked higher on Google.
Q: What are Google Forms?
A: Google Forms is a form builder that’s available to anyone who wants to create a form on the internet.
Q: Is Google Form Free?
A: Yes, all the functionality of Google Forms is free. You can use it for free in order to build your own forms, and you can use it with paid tools like MailChimp and Infusionsoft if you want to do more with it.
Q: Can I use Google Forms if I don’t have a website?
A: Yes, you can use Google Forms by using your computer or by using an app on your phone or tablet. You don’t need a website to do this. However, many people find that having a website makes things easier for them when it comes down to getting their forms ranked higher in search engines like Google.
Q: Can I make money from Google Forms?
A: Yes, you can make money from using Google Form’s functionality for free if you’re using it for non-commercial purposes. However, sometimes when people use their forms for commercial purposes they will pay per form submission so that they don’t have to worry about sending out multiple emails every time someone submits their form online. You can also get paid through affiliate marketing programs where you’ll be able to make money just by referring other people who want to use your product or service online through online platforms like ClickBank and Commission Junction which are both great places where affiliates can make money.
Q: How do I get my form to rank higher on Google?
A: There are a few things you can do to make sure your Google Form is as accessible as possible, and that it ranks higher in Google. Making sure that your form is easy to find, includes rich content, and includes things like a FAB and a video transcript can definitely help your Google Form get more views. If you want to make sure that your Google Form is as accessible as possible, make sure that you’re checking off each of these 10 tips for getting your Google forms ranked higher on Google.