It’s been a mystery for years, but now we finally know why there’s a star on top of many mobile phones. It’s a hidden camera for the manufacturer to visually inspect the final product quality before it leaves the factory. The ‘star’ or ‘pentagram’ is the camera used by manufacturers to make sure that all their small components like microphones, speakers, and cameras are working correctly before they leave the factory. If any part of your phone has manufacturing errors, they will be caught here, and you won’t have to worry about future problems with sound, call clarity, or camera functionality. You may have noticed that some older phones lack a pentagram sticker on them because manufacturers discovered early on that this was an important step when inspecting final product quality. And if you think of it, it makes sense: after all, how do you check if something is missing unless someone points it out?
Why There’s A Star On The Top Of Your Phone
- The star is a camera for checking the quality of all the small parts before they leave the factory.
- The star is also used to check if any small parts are missing.
- The star also confirms that all parts are present, working, and not damaged or defective.
- The star is also used to confirm that the phone’s buttons and other components are fully functional and will be able to perform as intended when you use them.
Finding Manufacturing Errors Before They Even Leave The Factory
- Finding manufacturing errors before they even leave the factory is a huge achievement. And it was done by the team at Apple, who found that if you did a visual check of your new iPhone and iPad before you left the store, it would avoid any problems later on with call quality, sound, or camera functionality.
- Apple quickly realized that this process paid off and was essential to producing a quality phone. Not having to worry about defective components later on prevented Apple from accepting as many phone returns – and Apple loves reducing return rates because it means more money in their pockets. The Apple star logo can be found on the iPhone and iPad packaging, both from factory openings and in retail stores worldwide. And continues to be a symbol of quality even though, in many countries, there are no longer stickers or labels on phones.
How To Check If There’s A Hidden Camera In Your Phone
- Please bring it back to the store with you and point it out to the store employee.
- Show them the star on your phone and discuss whether it’s a good idea for your phone to have this.
- Ask them why you can’t find one on your phone.
- Look around their desk, computer, or bathroom – there may be one hidden somewhere in one of those places!
- The camera can be found in many other places, including the headphone jack, the charging port, or inside certain buttons like volume control or power buttons – each of which is a removable part that you can open up to check if there’s a camera inside of it – so always make sure to get any screwdrivers out of your bag as well if you’re looking in these kinds of places!
- If you don’t find anything, ask for a demonstration from the store employee on how to remove the tiny screws from your phone’s removable parts (like the power button). Best not to ask anyone else, though, as they might mess things up for you – after all, if they know about them but don’t get caught themselves, I strongly suspect it would be great fun for them at work!
The pentagram or star is the camera used by manufacturers to make sure that all their small components like microphones, speakers, and cameras are working correctly before they leave the factory. During production, each phone is put under a special light that makes the star visible on the device. This light makes it easier to visually inspect the device for manufacturing errors, defects, or missing pieces. If the star is visible on the device, you know that the manufacturer has confirmed that it is a fully functional device with no issues. If the star is not visible on the device, there may be an issue with the device’s functionality. If any part of your phone has manufacturing errors, they will be caught here, and you won’t have to worry about future problems with sound, call clarity, or camera functionality.
Q: Does this work on all smartphones?
A: Yes. It works on any smartphone, but only those with a removable part and a tiny screw inside. To find the camera, you must remove the small screw from the part of your phone that contains it first. Once you’ve removed it, you can see it!
Q: What if I fall in love and decide to throw my phone away after finding this camera?
A: Take some of your old stuff with you to use them as passwords/keys for apps etc. Most of your passwords are stored in your phone, so there’s no way to get rid of them since everything is connected due to their convenience.
Q: How does this work?
A: The camera’s lens is behind the plastic lens cover. This is why you hardly ever see a camera in a smartphone these days – it’s completely hidden behind the plastic lens cover. Once you’ve removed that, take a look inside the phone, and you will see something like this – it is an excellent example of how your smartphone looks once all its parts are removed!