It’s annoying to have to deal with yet another complication when you are trying to get things done. But the power reserve complication on your Apple Watch is useful if you use your watch to track workouts, go for long runs, or go on camping trips. It serves as a warning that your watch is about to die, and might not make it until your next charge. That said, not everyone uses their Apple Watch in this way, and for many others, this feature will be of little use. It is inconvenient to have yet another setting active all the time. Fortunately, there is a way how to turn off the power reserve on the Apple Watch so that it does not activate until you need it again. This article explains how you can do just that and get more from your device.
How To Turn Off Power Reserve On Apple Watch
1. Open the Watch app
At first, you should open the Watch app on your iPhone. You can do that by launching the Apple Watch app from your home screen, or by tapping on a complication from your watch face.
2. Access the Settings
Now you need to access the settings of your Apple Watch. You can do that by tapping on General in the menu on your iPhone and then selecting Wake Screen in the next menu. From there, scroll down a little bit and tap on Power Reserve.
3. Turn Off Power Reserve
Finally, you need to turn off power reserve mode for good. You can do that by tapping on the switch next to Power Reserve so that it turns off and no longer activates when your Apple Watch battery is running low.
4. Activate Power Reserve
If you want to activate power reserve mode again, you need to go back and turn it on from the same menu. You can do that by tapping on the switch next to Power Reserve so that it turns on and activates power reserve mode for your Apple Watch.
Why Is The Power Reserve Feature Important?
1. Useful for Workouts
If you use your Apple Watch for workouts, you will probably want to avoid having to charge it too often. That’s where the power reserve comes in handy. You can set it up so that your watch turns off when you are working out, and then turn it on again when you are done. This way, the battery will last longer because it won’t be used while you are not using it.
2. Good for Camping Trips
If you love camping trips, then you will probably have your phone with you but not necessarily a charger to recharge its battery if it runs out of juice. The power reserve mode comes in handy in this case as well because it allows your Apple Watch to last a little bit longer so that you can still take calls and make emergency calls if needed even while charging your iPhone is not an option.
3. Safety Feature
Finally, the power reserve mode is useful because it serves as a safety feature that allows users to make emergency calls even when their iPhone has run out of battery or is otherwise inaccessible or unusable for some reason.
4. Power Reserve Mode Can Be Useful
In conclusion, the power reserve mode for Apple Watch is a useful feature that allows you to enjoy your Apple Watch a little bit longer when you don’t have access to a charger. It’s also useful for ensuring that you can make emergency calls even if your iPhone runs out of battery.
How To Hide The Power Reserve Feature On Your Watch
1. Open the Watch App on Your iPhone
You can open the Watch app on your iPhone by tapping on its icon. You will see a list of all the applications that you have installed, including the Apple Watch app.
2. Find and Tap on Power Reserve
Tap on Power Reserve to open the menu for this feature. The menu will show you a slider bar that allows you to adjust how much power reserve time is left for your Apple Watch. You can also turn power reserve mode off or on from this menu as well as activate it without turning it off first if needed.
3. Hide Power Reserve Mode From Your Menu
If you want to hide power reserve mode from your Apple Watch so that you don’t accidentally use it, then all you need to do is swipe right until you see the switch to turn it off next to Power Reserve so that it turns gray and no longer turns power reserve mode on automatically when needed.
4. Hide Power Reserve Mode From the Watch App
If you want to hide power reserve mode from the Apple Watch app, then all you need to do is swipe right until you see the switch to turn it off next to Power Reserve so that it turns gray and no longer shows up in your Apple Watch app.
5. Turn Power Reserve Mode Back On
If you change your mind about hiding power reserve mode from your menu or from the Apple Watch app, then all you need to do is go back into those menus and turn it on again so that the slider bar appears and allows you to adjust how much power reserve time is left for your Apple Watch.
6. Close the Menu
When you are done adjusting or turning off power reserve mode, just close out of this menu by tapping on any part of its screen other than on a button.
7. Turn Off Power Reserve Mode
If you want to turn off power reserve mode, then all you need to do is go into the Watch app on your iPhone and turn off the switch next to Power Reserve. This will turn power reserve mode off so that it no longer turns on automatically when needed.
Drawbacks Of Reserve Feature
- It is not recommended to use the reserve mode for a long period of time.
- Reserving the Watch battery can damage it.
- If your watch is too hot, it will not charge and you will have to wait until it cools down before you can charge it again.
- If your watch is exposed to cold temperatures, the battery will not charge and you will have to wait until it warms up before you can charge it again.
- Turning off the power reserve mode can cause your watch to lose data or settings.
- Apple Watch could get warm during charging when in power reserve mode and could cause irritation due to heat exposure.
- Battery capacity decreases with each cycle of charging and discharging.
- The battery capacity decreases in the same way even if it is not used at all.
- Charging the Watch too frequently can cause damage to the battery.
Apple Watch’s Best Feature?
- Best for those who want to be able to quickly check the time.
- Best for those who want to be able to check their email or other notifications from their wrist.
- Best for those who are always running around and need to check the time frequently and easily.
- Best for those who do not have a phone on them at all times, such as in a meeting, while they are on vacation, etc.
- Can be used as a replacement for an expensive watch that needs a battery change every year or two, etc., if you can afford it and don’t mind having an Apple Watch that lasts only two years before needing a battery change (which is less than half of what many other watches cost).
- Can be used as an inexpensive stopwatch when using the workout app or when using the timer app (which is also very useful).
If you are an Apple Watch user and your device is about to die, you will be notified with a warning. This is the power reserve feature, and it is helpful if you forgot to charge your watch before going out. You can turn it off if you don’t want to be bothered by constant notifications.
Q: My Apple Watch is not working correctly. I think the battery is dead.
A: You can use power reserve to turn off the watch and charge it.
Q: Is there a way to check my Apple Watch battery health?
A: Yes, you can check it by going to Settings > General > Battery. This will show you your battery health and if you need a battery replacement, you can take your device to an Apple Store or other service center.
Q: Is there any way to calibrate my watch battery?
A: Yes, you can calibrate your watch battery by plugging it into your charger for about 2 hours and then unplugging it.