When you have a family member that’s prone to getting themselves into sticky situations, the best way to put your mind at ease is by tracking their cell phone. Whether they’re a teenager and you want to make sure they stay out of trouble, or perhaps an adult with special needs and you want to make sure they are safe, tracking your loved one’s sim card can help keep them from straying too far from home in the future. If you don’t know what a Sim card is? It’s a small removable chip found inside all GSM cell phones that stores important information about the device and user account if it’s a carrier-locked phone. (We will explain this in detail later on.) A SIM card is like an identification card for your cell phone. It stores details like your name, address, telephone number and so on. When you switch one mobile phone company to another, you need to transfer your SIM card as well.
How To Track A Sim Card Without It Being In The Phone
- Take the SIM card out of the phone.
- Look at the back of your phone. There should be a small slot where you can insert your SIM card into it.
- Insert your SIM card into the slot on the back of your phone, put the phone into a power source like a computer or charger that has its own USB port, and wait for it to charge up fully.
- Once it is fully charged, remove the SIM card from your phone, and insert it into a special sim card reader that comes with an app like Cell Tracker Pro which will read out all known information about your cell phone including IMEI number, model number, serial number and much more!
- Now all you have to do is enter this information into Cell Tracker Pro (or a similar app) and search for any sim cards that have been used on your device since you last updated it! It will show you if anyone else has used this device since then – whether they have changed their name or address or even if they have been using another carrier altogether!
What To Do When You Need To Track A Sim Card
- If you have a cell phone with a SIM card, contact your carrier and ask them to send you the number of the SIM card.
- If you don’t have a SIM card, but do have a phone that is unlocked, then take it to an electronics store and ask them to unlock it for you.
- If you don’t want to wait for your carrier or shop to send you the number of your SIM card, then there are online services that can do this for you! Simply search on Google for “track sim card” or “how to track my sim card” and see what pops up.
- If none of those options work for you, then there is another way! You can buy an app called Cell Tracker Pro which will let you track any sim cards that are used on your phone without needing the sim in it at all!
How To Track A Sim Card With Cell Tracker Pro
- Download the Cell Tracker Pro app and follow the instructions to set it up on your phone. You can use either a free account or upgrade to our premium account which will allow you to track any sim cards that are used on your device without needing the sim in it at all!
- Once installed and set up, open the app and go through the setup process. You will be asked for your name (this is for our records) and email address (so that we know who to contact if there are any further issues).
- After setup is complete, open Cell Tracker Pro from your home screen and head into “Settings”. From there, click on “SIM Card” (if you’re using an Android phone). This will display a list of all known sim cards that have been used on this particular device since the last time it was updated with its software.
- Click on the name of any person who has used your phone since then – this could be an ex-boyfriend/girlfriend or even a friend or family member who has borrowed it! The information will be logged by us so we can keep track of how many times someone uses your cell phone without telling you! We’ll also log in as well so we can tell you if anyone changes their name, address, or phone number.
- Once you’ve clicked on the name of a person who has used your phone since the last time it was updated with its software, you’ll be taken to a screen where you can see their details including the date/time they used your device, what sim card they used and if they changed their name or phone number.
How To Track A Sim Card When It’s On The Phone
- Once you’ve logged into the app, you’ll see a list of all the phones in your account.
- Look for the phone that’s on tracking mode.
- The screen will show you what sim card is currently being used and how long it’s been used. You can also see any new information that has been added to the account by logging in to your service provider’s website if they allow this feature (they usually do).
- You can also change the phone number by clicking on the number and then clicking on Change.
- The phone will then ask you for the new number, which you can enter in the box provided.
- After the new number is added, click Update to update the information on your account with your service provider’s website.
You may be surprised to learn just how much you can learn about someone by tracking their cell phone. If you’re worried about your child or someone else in your life, then tracking a SIM card is a fantastic way to keep them safe. If you don’t know what a Sim card is? It’s a small removable chip found inside all GSM cell phones that stores important information about the device and user account if it’s a carrier-locked phone. (We will explain this in detail later on.) A SIM card is like an identification card for your cell phone. It stores details like your name, address, telephone number and so on. When you switch one mobile phone company to another, you need to transfer your SIM card as well.