TikTok, the popular video-sharing app, is known for its quirky and fun photo filters. Users can choose between a range of filters with different themes— such as the retro filter, big eyes filter, or even a pupper filter — to spice up their videos. But one that stands out from the rest is the silhouette filter. It’s so popular that it’s now become a “meme-ish” type of filter. Now, you might be wondering why anyone would want to remove this cool filter on Tiktok. Most people who use it probably love how it turns their videos into artsy black-and-white creations. But some users aren’t fans of this particular effect and want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Perhaps you find it overused or just not your style, in which case read on to learn exactly how to remove the silhouette filter on Tiktok.
How To Remove The Silhouette Filter On Tiktok
- Open TikTok on your phone.
- Tap on the camera icon in the top right corner of the app.
- Select the “Edit” option from the menu that appears.
- Select “Filter”.
- Scroll down and select “Remove Silhouette Filter” from the list of filters you’re able to use while recording a video or taking a selfie, as seen below:
- Select “Remove” to remove the silhouette filter from your videos.
- Tap the small arrow next to the silhouette filter icon to open a menu where you can customize your new filter settings.
- Tap “Use Your Own Filters” and select the silhouette filter you want to use with your video, as seen below:
- Tap the blue “Done” button to apply your new filter settings and save your changes.
Using A Selfie Video Editor
- Open the Tiktok app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Select a video from your camera roll and tap on it to open it in the app.
- Tap on the Share button located in the bottom-right corner of the screen, which will bring up a menu of options that you can use to share your video with others.
- Tap on “Edit” at the top of this menu and choose “Video Editor” from this list. This will open up a new screen with options for editing videos, including filters and stickers for videos, as well as text effects (if you are using one).
- Scroll down until you see “Filters & Stickers” listed at the bottom of your screen, tap on this option to view all available filters and stickers for making changes to your video.
- You will see a list of filters under this option, showing popular ones such as “Retro,” “Puppy Dog Eyes,” and “Sunset Loop” among others; tap on any filter that you like before selecting it from the main menu below.
- Tap on “Apply Filter” when you have found a filter that looks good to you; then select “Done” when prompted by TikTok’s prompt asking if you want to apply this filter or not.
- After applying the filter, you can now select a video from your camera roll, tap on it to open it in the app, and proceed to share it with others or save it for later use.
Using Filters With Adjustments
- Download the following app from the Google Play store:
- Download the app, and log in to your Tiktok account. If you don’t have one, click here to create a new one.
- Once logged in, tap on “Filters” located in the upper-right corner of your screen. Alternatively, you can tap on “Settings” and then “Filters.”
- Tap on “Add Filter,” and then select “Adjustments” under the new filter menu that appears at the bottom of your screen. You will see an option that says “Remove Silhouette Filter.” Tap on it, and then select OK when prompted to confirm this action.
- After confirming this action, you will be asked if you want to remove all filters or just this one—tap on Remove All Filters if you want to remove them all or just select Yes if only this particular filter is being removed (you can always go back again). Then tap on Apply Changes when prompted to do so by TikTok (if you are prompted). This should clear up any confusion about whether or not your silhouette filter has been removed from your videos! It will look a bit different from how it did before—you may notice that it looks more like a drawing than a photo now—but it’s still an improvement!
- Now that your silhouette filter is gone, you can go back and add another filter if you want to try it again. Or you can just remove the silhouette filter from your account, which is what most people do.
Using Darken And Brightness Adjustment Tools
- Open the Tiktok app, go to the profile page, and tap on your name.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on “Edit Profile.”
- Tap on “Effects” in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap on “Darken/Brightness Adjustment Tools” at the top left corner of your screen.
- Slide down the “Darken” slider to 0% then slide it back up to 100%. Repeat this process for Brightness adjustment tools as well (this will make all images darker).
- You will see a notification that says, “You have modified your effects!” Tap on OK to save changes and exit out of this menu.
- You will now see a notification that says, “Your effects have been restored!” Close out of this message and you should no longer see any silhouette filter in any Videos that you upload or view on Tiktok anymore!
The silhouette filter is one of the most popular filters on Tiktok. It’s a stylish filter that turns your videos into black-and-white art pieces. But if you don’t like this filter, you can remove it by following the steps in this article. The good news is that you don’t have to go through all the hassle of editing the video. Instead, you can use any of the methods described above to remove the silhouette filter from your Tiktok video.