Gifs are the new memes. Almost every popular internet trend has its own set of gfycat-able phrases, hashtags, and reaction images and video is no exception. In fact, video content is a particularly useful medium for creating glycans because it creates more opportunities to capture funny moments than photos or text alone. For example, with a photo, you can only make a creepy-looking image of your friend look even creepier… but with a video, you can make your friend look like they’re possessed by an evil spirit instead! In this post, we’ll show you how to create animated GIFs from your iPhone videos using a third-party app called Giffy. Once you have your GIF, read on to learn about some other great options for sharing it.
How To Make A Video A Gif On iPhone
What You’ll Need
To create GIFs from videos on iPhone, you’ll need to download the Giffy app from the App Store and make sure you have sufficient storage space on your device. You’ll also want to make sure you have a video saved to your Camera Roll that you’d like to turn into an animated GIF. Finally, you’ll need to have a social media account set up so you can share your final product. If you don’t have an account yet, it’s a good idea to create one before you start creating GIFs so you can easily share your creations once you’re done.
Install Giffy and Download Video
To get started with the Giffy app, tap the “+” icon in the top right corner of the screen and select “New GIF.” Then, browse to the video you want to turn into a gif and select it. Giffy will automatically import the video and display its duration on the timeline. You can also edit the video’s description, tags, and privacy settings before you save the GIF. Once everything looks good, tap “Save to Camera Roll.” This will download the video to your Camera Roll so you can trim and crop it before recording your audio. Giffy allows you to download other people’s videos, too just make sure the creator of the video you want to import has given you permission to use it, and be aware that copyright violations won’t be taken lightly!
Trim and Crop Video
Once you’ve downloaded the video to your iPhone, you can trim and crop it if necessary. We recommend trimming it to a length of 6–10 seconds this will make it easier to loop once it’s turned into a GIF, and it’ll be less likely to break your friends’ internet browsers. When you’ve edited your video down to the perfect length, tap the “Share” icon in the top right corner of the screen, then select “Giffy.” This will return you to the Giffy app, where you can finish up your GIF. First, select whether you want to add audio to your GIF or keep it silent. For best results, we recommend recording a live audio overlay. This is when you use the app’s built-in microphone to record yourself while viewing the video this will ensure that your voice is synchronized with the video.
Record Live Audio Overlay
To record a live audio overlay, go to the timeline, tap on the audio icon at the bottom of the screen and select “Live” from the list of recording options. Once you’ve selected “Live,” tap the play button to start playing your video. Giffy will display the video’s progress on the timeline so you can make sure that your voice will sound like you’re viewing the same video. When you’re ready to record, tap the red circle to stop the video and begin recording your audio. Your audio will be saved to your Camera Roll, and you can edit it before you finish your GIF. Giffy offers some basic audio editing tools, like the ability to speed up or slow down your audio, but these are pretty limited. If you want more control over the quality of your audio, you can use an app like GarageBand or Voice Memos to record your audio before returning to Giffy to combine it with your video.
Final Steps Before Export
Once you’ve recorded your audio, you’re ready to export your GIF! Tap the export button in the top right corner of the screen, then select “Save to Camera Roll.” This will download the GIF to your Camera Roll, where you can edit its name, privacy settings, and description before you share it online. You can also export your GIF and save it to another app, like Dropbox or Evernote, if you want to store it for later. Giffy also offers a few sharing options that you can access by tapping the share button in the top right corner of the screen: – Direct Sharing: This will allow you to share your GIF through iMessage, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or even email. – Saving to Camera Roll: This option will save your GIF to your Camera Roll. – GIF Generator: This will let you upload your GIF to Giffy’s online GIF generator, where you can share it on various social media platforms. – GIF Website: This will automatically open the GIF on the app’s online website, where you can view it, edit it or share it.
Share Your Finished Product!
Once you’ve finished your GIF, you’re ready to share it! The best way to do this is to use the GIF Generator to upload your GIF to Giffy’s website, where you can easily share it on various social media platforms. Alternatively, you can save your GIF to your Camera Roll and then upload it to your social media accounts manually. This will certainly take more time, but if you want to put more effort into customizing your GIF before you share it, it’s totally doable!
Which iPhone Apps Create GIFs?
Giffy is one of the best apps that allows you to create animated GIFs from videos on your iPhone, but it’s not the only one. If you don’t want to go through the hassle of downloading and editing videos before you record your audio, try one of these GIF-making apps next time you want to create a short, funny video! – GIMP: This open-source image editor is packed with useful GIF-making tools even better, it’s completely free! Create your GIF in GIMP, then export it and share it with the world from your social media app of choice. – GIF Brewery: This GIF-making app is easy to use, and it even allows you to edit your GIF’s audio! – Gifts: If you’re looking for a photo or video to turn into an animated GIF, check out Gifotic’s online app.
When Should You Use A Gif?
- When you want to quickly show someone how something works. For example, this post was created with a gif of a car’s engine.
- When you want to show the result of an action. For example, this post was created with a gif of a woman drinking from a water bottle.
- When you want to show some kind of emotion or reaction in your video and there is no time for an actual reaction shot! For example, this video was made using gifs of various emotions and reactions.
- When you want to spread your message through the internet without having to spend tons of money on videos that can be shared on social media platforms like YouTube or Facebook (and other sites). Many companies use animated GIFs as their primary marketing tool these days!
- When you’re too lazy to create a video and you just want to share a picture or video with friends on social media!
- When you want to make fun of something or show how ridiculous it is! For example, this post does exactly that by showing the ridiculousness of people showing off their new phones at the Apple store.
- When you want to show how cool your new phone is! For example, this post was created using gifs of various phones and their features.
- When you want to show how something works, but you don’t have time or the knowledge to explain it through text. For example, this post was created using gifs of everyday objects and how they work.
- When you want to show that what you’re doing is cool! For example, this post was created using gifs of things that are cool.
- When you want to make fun of a person or thing in a subtle way by showing how ridiculous they are! For example, this post was created with gifs of people making silly faces while drinking out of water bottles (as if they were drinking from a fountain!).
- When you’re having fun and don’t have the time for an actual reaction shot! For example, this video was made using gifs of various emotions and reactions.
- When you’re just blowing off steam with your friends! For example, this video was made using gifs of various emotions and reactions as well as different ways of saying “blah blah blah”.
Gifs have become increasingly popular over the years, and they have no signs of stopping. With the right app, you can make any video you’ve saved into a funny GIF that expresses your personality or communicates whatever you want! If you want to express yourself, GIFs are the perfect way to do it. Whether you’re turning a funny video into a GIF or taking a great photo and adding an aesthetic twist, you can use your iPhone to create some great content.