Mew is one of the most elusive Pokémon in the game. It has a very low spawn rate, and it can be difficult to track down. In this article, we will discuss how to get Mew in Pokémon Sword. We will also provide some tips on how to increase your chances of finding this rare Pokémon!
How To Get Mew In Pokémon Sword?
- Make sure you have completed the main story.
- Fly to Ballonlea and visit the Slumbering Weald.
- Look for a hidden entrance in the forest and it will lead you to a dark cave.
- Inside, you will find tall grass with various Pokémon inside, including Mew at level 60.
- Ensure you have a Poké Ball or Master Ball handy, as well as Repels, to prevent other Pokémon from disrupting your attempt to catch Mew.
- Turn on the Exp Share and weaken Mew by attacking it with one of your stronger Pokémon.
- Once Mew has been weakened enough, throw the Poké Ball or Master Ball to capture it.
- If Mew breaks out of the Poké Ball, you will have to repeat steps 5-7 again.
- Make sure you save your game after each successful attempt at catching Mew and before attempting to catch it again.
- Once you have successfully caught Mew, transfer it to a Pokémon storage box to add it to your Pokédex. Congratulations! You now have Mew in Pokémon Sword.
What Do You Need To Do To Catch Mew In Pokémon Sword?
- Make sure you have plenty of Ultra Balls and Timer Balls. As Mew is a very rare Pokémon, it will take more balls than usual to catch him.
- Head to the Lake of Outrage in the Wild Area and look for an area with tall grass shaking. This indicates that there is something hidden inside the grass – which could be Mew!
- Make sure to save your game before you enter the shaking grass and encounter Mew.
- When you enter, you’ll see a cutscene in which the legendary Pokémon appears – but it will be invisible to the naked eye! So don’t worry if nothing happens at first.
- Now it’s time to start throwing Poké Balls. Try using every type of ball available, including Ultra Balls and Timer Balls, as they are more effective against legendary Pokémon.
- Your best bet is to use your Master Ball, as this guarantees the capture of Mew without fail. However, if you only have one Master Ball, then you may want to try and capture Mew with other Poké Balls first in order to save your Master Ball for another legendary Pokémon.
- When throwing a Poké Ball, make sure you’re aiming directly at the spot where Mew appears – this will help increase your chances of catching him.
- Use Berries if necessary – it takes only one Berry to make a Pokémon easier to catch.
- Be patient and don’t give up if it takes you multiple attempts – Mew is a rare Pokémon, so it could take many throws before you successfully capture him.
- Once you’ve caught Mew, be sure to save your game again! Congratulations on catching one of the most powerful legendary Pokémon in the game.
The Best Way To Use Your Master Ball When Trying To Catch Mew In Pokémon Sword
- Make sure to save your game before attempting the catch. This way, if you fail to capture Mew with your Master Ball, you can simply reload and try again.
- Use a False Swipe move from one of your Pokémon in order to reduce its HP as low as possible without fainting it. This will make Mew easier to catch.
- Make sure to turn off any status effects (such as Sleep or Paralysis) that Mew may have so that it won’t be affected by them when you throw the ball.
- Now, aim your Master Ball at Mew and press ‘A’ to throw it. If you were successful, then congratulations! You’ve just caught Mew in Pokémon Sword.
- If you fail, don’t worry! Just reload your game and try again. With the proper preparation, you should be able to capture Mew with ease!
Mew is a rare and powerful legendary Pokémon, so it’s no surprise that you might want to try and catch one in Pokémon Sword. While it can be difficult to track down Mew, with the right preparation and strategy, you can successfully capture this elusive creature. Be sure to have plenty of Poké Balls on hand, use your Master Ball wisely, and know where to look for Mew in order to maximize your chances of success.