In the past few years, developers have introduced a range of apps that allow users to personalize their devices in innovative ways. One of the most popular methods for customizing smartphones is changing their appearance and visual style. With so many different options available, there are plenty of ways to give your iPhone a new look. But one area that remains fairly limited is changing the color of the battery indicator. The standard iPhone comes with green battery icons throughout the operating system. You can test this by going to Settings > General > Usage & Storage and viewing the battery usage stats or by going to Settings > Battery and checking the % charge. While some have already found ways around this limitation, such as hiding it with an app or covering it with a sticker, others may not be so lucky. So in case you’re reading this article because you want to know how you can change that battery color on your iPhone, we’ve got you covered!
How To Change The Battery Color On iPhone
Change the Color of the Battery Indicator on iPhone X
If you’re using an iPhone X, you’ll want to open up the Settings app and navigate to General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations. From there, tap on the switch next to “battery indicator” and select the “Green” option. You’ll be able to choose between “Light”, which is the standard color, and “Green”, which is a lighter shade of green. If you’d like to go further, you can also enable the “show percentage” toggle. This will allow you to view the exact percentage of battery life remaining, rather than just a red bar. The iPhone X also has a small amount of built-in support for colorblindness, so you can also enable the “show hue” toggle if you’d like to view the battery indicators in a different color for a small amount of time as your eyes adjust.
Change the Color of the Battery Indicator on iPhone 8 and 7
There’s no built-in way to change the color of the battery indicator on an iPhone 8 or 7, but you can use a third-party app named battery. The app costs $1.99 and is available on the App Store. Once installed, open the app and slide the toggle to “on”. This will change the color of the battery indicator and the battery icon. If you’re using an iPhone 7, you can also enable the “low power mode” toggle. This will change the color of the battery indicator to red when your battery is low. It’s a helpful feature for those who don’t like the visual indicator. It can be activated by going to Settings > Battery and toggling the “low power mode” switch.
Change the Color of the Battery Indicator on iPhone 6 and Earlier
Unfortunately, iPhones that are older than the iPhone X don’t have an accessible battery indicator. If you’re using an iPhone 6 or earlier, you won’t be able to change the battery indicator color in the Settings app. You’ll have to install a jailbroken device and use an iOS script to change the color, or use an app similar to BatteryLife or Darker dungeon to change the color. If you have a jailbroken device, you can use an iOS script to change the color or write your own script. To do this, open the app “SSH” and connect to your device via SSH. Then, write the following command and press enter: “defaults write com.apple.UIStatusBar BatteryIndicatorBadgeApproved -int yes”. Your battery indicator will turn green, and you can change it back to red by writing “defaults write com.apple.UIStatusBar BatteryIndicatorBadgeApproved -int no”.
Using BatteryLife to Change Your iPhone’s Battery Color
If you want to change the color of the battery indicator on your iPhone, you can use the free app battery life. The app is available on the App Store and is compatible with all iPhone models. Once installed, go to the menu and select “Settings”. From there, choose “Battery indicator” and select “Color”. You can pick between “Green” and “Red”. If you’d also like to change the color of the low battery indicator, you can also select “Red” and change the “Low power indicator” option to read. You can also change the brightness of the battery indicator in the “Settings” section of the app. From there, selecting “Brightness” will let you set the brightness of the battery indicator manually.
Using Darker dungeon to Change your iPhone’s battery color
If you want to use an app to change the color of your iPhone’s battery, you can download the free app Darker dungeon. The app is available on the App Store and is compatible with all iPhone models. Once installed, open the app and select “Battery”. You can change the color to red, green, yellow, or blue. If you’d like to change the color of the low battery indicator, select “Low battery indicator” and choose between red and green. You can also change the brightness of the battery indicator in the “Settings” section of the app. From there, selecting “Brightness” will let you set the brightness of the battery indicator manually.
Using an iOS Script to Change the Colour of Your iPhone’s Battery Indicator
If you’re looking for a more custom solution to change your iPhone’s battery indicator, or if you don’t like the features offered by apps, you can write an iOS script to do so. You’ll need to have a jailbroken device and be familiar with the iOS coding language, but if you’re comfortable with those conditions, it’s a great way to customize your device. The script you’ll need to write will depend on what color you want the battery indicator to be.
Why It’s Important To Change The Battery Color?
- It can be used as a signal to indicate the battery level.
- It can be used as a signal to indicate the time remaining for a particular task.
- It can also be used as a signal to alert you about the status of your device, for example when it’s connected to an external power source or when it’s charging.
- In case of emergencies, you can use it to indicate that there is no more power left on your device and that you should remove it from its charger immediately so that you don’t end up with a dead phone for good.
- You can use it to show which apps are draining the most power and therefore want attention, or which ones are not worth updating in case they will only drain extra battery life without providing any real benefit at all.
- You can use it as an indicator of how long your iPhone will last before getting low on battery life again if you have one or more apps running in the background after they have been closed down completely, or if your iPhone has been left idle with no apps running at all while charging, etc.
- You can use it to indicate that there is a problem with the battery, such as if it will not charge or will not charge at all.
- You can use it to indicate that there is an unexpected problem with your iOS device, such as if it won’t turn on or if the screen is unresponsive.
- You can use it to indicate that your iOS device has been damaged or has been subjected to some sort of physical trauma, for example when dropping your iPhone onto the floor while in a pocket or purse and resulting in a cracked screen or other damage to the body of your iPhone, etc.
- You can use it to indicate that you have selected an option from a list of options and you want to confirm that you’ve made the right choice and what action you should take next, for example when selecting an option from a list of options in a Settings app on an iPhone running iOS 7.
While there are some limitations to how you can change the color of your iPhone’s battery, there are plenty of options available. Whether you want to change the color of the battery indicator or the color of the battery icon, there are lots of apps available that will let you do so. And even if you don’t want to use an app, there are many different methods for changing.
Q: Why does the battery indicator show more than one icon on my iPhone?
A: The reason that the iPhone battery indicator shows multiple icons on your iPhone is because there are multiple types of batteries and connectors used by different models of iPhone. The battery icon and indicator is not unique to any specific model, but rather, it’s a generic image for all iPhones.
Q: Where can I find out which type of battery my iPhone uses?
A: You can find out which type of battery you have in your iPhone by opening up Settings > General > About > Battery Usage. There you should see a section labeled with the same text as “About” in the above question and under that section, it will tell you what type of battery your phone has.
Q: How do I change the color of my iPhone’s battery indicator?
A: You can change the color of your iPhone’s battery indicator through an app called “iFile.” To do this, go to your home screen and launch iFile (it may be called “Files” or “Files & Folders,” depending on what version of iOS you’re using). In iFile tap on “Preferences” at the bottom left side of iFile’s main page. In Preferences tap on “iTunes Battery Icon” in the top right corner. This will take you to a screen with four different colors available for changing your battery indicator color. Tap on any color to select it and then press Save on the bottom right side.