There is no doubt that mini PCs are becoming more and more popular. They are a great alternative to traditional desktops, and they offer many benefits for gamers. In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of using mini PCs for gaming. We will also provide some tips on how to choose the right mini PC for your needs. So if you’re interested in learning more about this topic, keep reading!
Are Mini PC Good for Gaming?
The short answer is that it depends. If you are only interested in light gaming, then a mini PC might be an excellent choice for you. With their small size and low power requirements, they can make for a great solution for anyone with limited space or budget.
What Are Mini PC?
Mini PCs are small computers that are designed to be as small and lightweight as possible. They usually feature a fanless design, meaning they don’t need cooling fans and can run quietly without generating excess heat. Some mini PCs even come with pre-installed Windows operating systems, allowing you to use them just like a normal desktop computer.
How To Build A Mini Gaming PC?
- Choose your mini PC chassis – The first step to building a mini gaming PC is to decide which mini PC chassis you want to use.
- Choose the right processor – Choosing the right processor for your mini gaming PC is critical, as it will determine how powerful it is.
- Choose the right graphics card – The graphics card you choose is probably the most important component of your mini gaming PC.
- Choose the right RAM – Selecting the right amount of RAM for your mini gaming PC will ensure that it runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Choose storage capacity – You’ll need to decide how much storage space you want in your mini gaming PC, as this will largely affect its performance.
- Choose your cooling system – Having an effective cooling system is important for a mini gaming PC, so you’ll need to decide which type of cooling system is right for you.
- Install your components – Once you have all the necessary parts, it’s time to install them into your mini gaming PC.
- Connect cables and peripherals – Once you have all of your components installed, you will need to connect any necessary cables and peripherals, such as a mouse, keyboard, and monitor.
- Install your operating system – Now it’s time to install the operating system that will be used on your mini gaming PC.
- Test your mini gaming PC – Once you have installed your operating system and all other components, it is important to test your mini gaming PC to make sure it is working correctly.
The Best Mini PC For Gaming
PC Specialist Vanquish G10II: It is an excellent mini PC for gaming. This mini PC comes equipped with an Intel Core i7-9700K processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and a powerful GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card. This makes it capable of playing the latest games at high settings without any issues.
MSI Trident X: This mini PC is powered by an Intel Core i9-9900K processor and comes with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 graphics card. It also has 16GB DDR4 RAM and a 512GB NVMe SSD for storage, making it perfect for gaming as well as multitasking.
Zotac MEK Mini: If you are looking for a mini PC that is affordable and powerful enough to run the latest games, then this Zotac MEK Mini should be your choice. This mini PC has an Intel Core i7-8700 processor and 16GB DDR4 RAM along with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card.
Lenovo Legion C530 Cube: This mini PC packs an Intel Core i7-8700 processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card in its small form factor. It can easily handle most of the latest games at medium to high settings without any hiccups.
ASUS ROG GR8 II: This is another great mini PC for gaming. It features an Intel Core i7-7700 processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and a GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card that can easily handle the latest games at high settings.
Things You Need To Know About Mini PC Gaming
- Heat Management: One of the main issues with mini PCs is heat management. Since they are smaller in size, they don’t have as much space for cooling components, resulting in overheating problems. To prevent this from happening, you should ensure that your mini PC has enough ventilation and use a laptop cooler to help dissipate the heat.
- Graphics Card: Another important factor to consider when building a mini PC for gaming is the graphics card. Make sure that you choose one with enough power to handle the games that you plan on playing on it. Additionally, make sure that your mini PC has adequate ventilation so that the graphics card doesn’t overheat.
- Storage: Since mini PCs are usually small in size, they don’t have a lot of storage space. If you plan on playing games with large file sizes, it is recommended that you opt for an external drive to store all your games and data.
- Power Supply: This is another important factor to consider when building a mini PC for gaming. Make sure that your power supply is adequate and can provide enough power to handle any additional components or peripherals you might add in the future.
- Network Connection: Another important feature to consider when building a mini PC for gaming is the network connection. Most modern games require a strong internet connection, so make sure that your mini PC has reliable wireless or wired connection.
Mini PCs can be a great choice for gamers who are looking for a powerful and small form factor machine. They offer impressive performance in both gaming and multitasking, making them perfect for anyone with limited space or budget. Just make sure that you consider all the factors mentioned above before investing in one.