Is AirPods waterproof? You might be wondering about this. The answer is yes. But, you have to take care of some precautions before using them in the shower or anywhere near water. As per a report by TechCrunch, Apple’s AirPods were listed among the most popular ‘devices with water damage risk’ on Amazon at the end of last year. It’s not surprising that AirPods are among the most water-vulnerable wireless earphones available today. This article will help you to know more about this topic and whether AirPods are waterproof or not to use in the shower. Keep reading!
Are Airpods Waterproof Shower?
There is no official answer to this question since Apple has not released any information about whether or not their AirPods are waterproof. However, there are a few things we can infer from their design. The AirPods have an open design, which means that there are gaps between the pod and your ear canal. This also means that they are not watertight and would likely not be able to survive being submerged in water. Additionally, the charging case is not watertight either and would likely be damaged if it got wet. That said, some people have reported that they have used their AirPods in the shower without any issues.
Why You Should Not Use Airpods In The Shower
Airpods are not watertight
The AirPods are not watertight. They have gaps between the pod and your ear canal, which means they would likely not survive being submerged in water. Additionally, the charging case is not watertight either and would likely be damaged if it got wet. That said, some people have reported that they have used their AirPods in the shower without any issues.
The charging case is not waterproof as well
The charging case for AirPods is not waterproof either. It has a plastic body and a micro USB port at the bottom of it, which means that it would likely get damaged by water if you put the headphones into it while taking a shower or swimming in the pool. This might result in the device getting destroyed or even leaking out some of its contents inside your pocket and ruining your clothes as well. Therefore, you should avoid putting your AirPods into their case while taking a shower or swimming as much as not be a big deal if you are using the charging case to charge your AirPods, but if you are using it to listen to music or play music from your iPhone, then the risk is there.
The AirPods might not survive being submerged in water
The AirPods might not survive being submerged in water for a long time. This is because the pods have gaps in between them and your ear canal, which would allow moisture to enter your ear canal and damage the pod. Additionally, the charging case is not waterproof either and would likely be damaged by water if it got wet. That said, some people have reported that they have used their AirPods in the shower without any issues.
The pods are not designed to be submerged in water
The pods are not designed to be submerged in water and they would likely break if you did submerge them in water. This is because they have an open design and contain no waterproof parts. If you did want to use these in the shower, make sure you take them out of your ears first before putting them into your ears again after taking a shower. If you do this, there is no risk of getting mildew or mold on your AirPods. Just make sure that the AirPods have dried off before putting them back into your ears if they have been wet while taking a shower or swimming in the pool.
How To Care For Your Airpods
- Do not use your AirPods in the shower or near the pool.
- Take off your AirPods before you get into the pool or go to the shower.
- Do not leave your AirPods in a place where they will get wet, e.g., when you go to the swimming pool, take them out of your ears immediately after swimming, and do not leave them in a bag or a pocket with water-based liquids inside.
- Do not let children put their AirPods into their ears without supervision as this may lead to infections and other health issues for them.
- Not all earphones are waterproof; if you have doubts about the waterproofness of an earphone, try another model from a different brand before using it in the shower or near water sources. If it is safe for your earphones, then it will be safe for your AirPods too! You can check here whether or not any other earphones are waterproof.
What To Do Before Using Airpods In The Shower
- Before using AirPods in the shower, make sure the ear tips are dry.
- Turn on the AirPods and then connect them to iPhone.
- Open Settings on your iPhone, select Bluetooth, and then toggle ‘AirPods’ to ON. This will activate the wireless connection between AirPods and iPhones. Now, you can use them in the shower or anywhere near water without any issues.
- Make sure the AirPods case is on before using them in the shower.
- Turn off and remove the AirPods case by squeezing the sides of it.
- Now, hold down on both volume buttons for about 5 seconds until you see the LED light come on and then release, it will turn off automatically.
- When you are done with your shower or bath, remember to remove AirPods from your ears before putting them back in their case or storage box in order to avoid any water damage in the future.
Tips For Using Airpods In The Shower
- It’s not recommended to put AirPods in the shower with you. You can’t listen to music and take calls at the same time in the shower or any other place where water is available.
- If you want to use them in the shower, it’s better to put them inside a ziplock bag. This way, they will be safe from water damage and won’t get wet after being exposed to water for a long time.
- You can use your AirPods while taking a shower as long as you don’t have them in your ear for more than 30 minutes continuously.
- Keep your AirPods away from moisture and other liquids, including sweat and rainwater, when you are not wearing them or when they are charging. Avoid exposing your AirPods to liquids that could cause damage to the device such as rainwater, sweat, cleaning fluids, etc., even if they are not wet.
- Don’t put them in the washing machine or dryer.
- Don’t use them in high-humidity areas, such as swimming pools and saunas, as they are not water-resistant and can get damaged very easily.
- If you have any doubt about the ability of AirPods to withstand water damage, you can contact the AppleCare support team or Apple Store to check this out before using them in the shower.
AirPods are water-resistant and are therefore safe to use in the rain and while washing your hands, but are not waterproof and should not be used in the shower or submerged in water. If the charging case is wet, you can wipe it dry with a cloth and make sure that the seal is intact before opening it. It is important to charge your AirPods before using them and to make sure that they are not wet. If you have been using them for some time and have not cleaned them, there will be a lot of dirt and dust in the earbuds. You can clean them using a microfiber cloth, but make sure that you do not use any sort of liquid to clean them.