Today, headsets are used not only for calling but also for video conferencing as well as live streaming. In order to use two headsets at the same time with your PC, you will need a USB headset adapter. A headset adapter is a small device that can be connected to your computer and help you connect two headsets easily. These adapters typically have one microphone and one audio jack input on each of its ends and connect them together to enable two people to speak into the same microphone or hear the same audio input at once. Let’s take a look at How To HaveTwo Headsets On PC?
How To HaveTwo Headsets On PC?
1. Hook Up Separate Headsets
If you have two headsets of the same type and model, connecting them is easy, if a little bit inconvenient. Instead of plugging the first headset into your PC, plug the second headset into a different audio output—whether it’s your headphone port or a separate jack. You can then switch between which headset you’re listening to by toggling between audio devices. If you want to switch between the two headsets while they’re plugged into the same audio source, you can use a program like Audio Repeater. This program will let you send audio from one headset so that both headsets receive audio. When you want to switch, you can then use Audio Repeater to send audio from the second headset. If you don’t want to go the extra mile to connect separate headsets, though, you can also consider using wireless headphones. They’re a great option for offices where people may need to move around or have separate tasks. Wireless headphones let each person focus on their work without feeling tethered to the computer.
2. Hook Up the Same Headset to Two PCs
If you regularly switch between two computers, you may want to use the same headset for both. Using the same headset on two different computers can be a bit convoluted, though. The first option is to plug the headset into the first PC and use another PC’s audio output to plug into the second headset. If you want to use the same headset on two PCs, you may want to consider a special adapter. An audio switch box will let you plug in one headset, and then use two outputs to plug into two different PCs. If you want to go the extra mile and sound great while talking to someone on a different PC, you may want to use a headset with a built-in noise-canceling microphone. They’re a great option for people who work in an office with lots of distractions and lots of people who need to communicate with one another. If you want to use the same headset on two PCs, you may want to consider a wireless headset. They’re a great option for people who move around a lot or who take calls from clients and colleagues on the go.
3. Hook Up Different Headsets to a Single PC
If you want to use two different headsets with one PC, you can connect them to separate jacks or ports. You can then toggle between the headsets by using the volume knob or by pressing the mute and unmute buttons on each headset. If you want to use both headsets at the same time, you could plug one headset into the headphone jack and the other headset into the auxiliary jack. You may run into a problem, though, if either headset doesn’t have a mute button. If both headsets are on at the same time and only one has a mute button, you may have a hard time hearing yourself. If you want to use both headsets at the same time, you could plug one headset’s audio cable into the other headset’s audio port. You may run into a problem, though, if both headsets have built-in microphones. If you’re plugged into each other’s audio ports, you’ll hear both headsets at the same time.
4. Use a Y-cable and Enjoy Simultaneous Listening and Talking
If you want to use the same headset on both your headset and your office phone, you may want to consider a Y-cable. Y-cables let you plug one headset into two jacks; you can then toggle between which headset you’re using. If you want to use two headsets with one jack, you can buy a Y-cable that has two plugs. You can then plug one headset into each plug. If you want to use the same headset on both your headset and your office phone, you may want to consider a noise-canceling headset. They’re a great option for people who work in an office with lots of distractions and lots of people who need to communicate with one another, such as in teams.
5. Try a Wireless Headphone Mixer
If you want to use different headsets with one PC, you may want to consider a wireless headphone mixer. A wireless headphone mixer lets you plug in multiple audio sources, so you can select between two different headsets or an audio source like your PC’s built-in microphone. Wireless headphone mixers are a great option for people who want to use two headsets but don’t want to go through the work of plugging each headset into two different audio outputs. If you want to use two headsets, you may want to consider a wireless headphone mixer with two inputs. You can then plug one headset into input one and the other headset into input two. If you want to use a headset and your PC’s built-in microphone, you can plug the headset into input one and the microphone into input two.
How To Connect Two Headsets Using A Headset Adapter?
- For connecting two headsets using a headset adapter, you will need the following
- One USB headset adapter – We have mentioned the types of headset adapters above. You can select one from there.
- Two headsets with two audio cables – You will need to connect the audio cable of one headset to the headset adapter and the audio cable of the other headset to the headset adapter as well.
- One computer with a USB port – The computer will need to be connected to the internet for the two headsets to work at the same time.
- One internet connection – A broadband connection will be ideal as it will allow both headsets to work at the same time. You can check out our article on how to choose a broadband connection to know more about broadband plans in India.
Why Should You Use A Dedicated USB Port For Your Headset?
- When you connect multiple headsets to your computer, they are likely to interfere with each other and cause an overall decrease in quality.
- This interference can be eliminated by connecting the headsets to a dedicated USB port. This way, you can use multiple headsets at the same time without affecting their quality.
- While connecting multiple headsets to a dedicated USB port can help improve the overall performance, connecting multiple headsets to a non-dedicated USB port may cause the computers to stop responding.
- This may happen because the headsets connected to a non-dedicated USB port will share the system resources, which may slow down the computer and cause it to stop responding at times.
How To Find The Best USB Headset Adapter?
- The best USB headset adapter will depend on your budget and needs. Some of the most important things that you should look for when selecting a headset adapter are: – The number of headsets that the adapter can connect –
- You can connect two headsets using a two-port adapter or six headsets using a six-port adapter.
- Compatibility with your computer – You should make sure that the adapter you select is compatible with your computer.
- The length of the USB cable – The length of the cable is important, particularly if you will be connecting the headset adapter to a non-dedicated USB port. The shorter the cable, the higher the chances that the computer will stop responding.
- The price – You can find a headset adapter that will suit your budget.
A headset adapter can help you connect two headsets to your computer using one USB port. This can be done by connecting the audio cables from one headset to the headset adapter and the audio cables from the other headset to the headset adapter as well. When selecting a headset adapter, make sure that it can connect two headsets to your computer and that it is compatible with your computer. The headset adapter should also have a short USB cable. This will ensure that it can be connected to a non-dedicated USB port without causing the computer to stop responding.